On 20 April 2011, we sent a letter to the 3 state MPs in our area to congratulate them with their (re)election on 26 March, to introduce CABA and the need to take action against climate change, and to invite them or a staff member to our talk on renewable energy on 5 May:
- Linda Burney (ALP), member for Canterbury (letter)
- Jamie Parker (The Greens), member for Balmain (letter)
- Charles Casuscelli (Liberal Party), member for Strathfield (letter)
The response was in a sense the reverse of what you would expect, seeing the attitudes of the ALP, The Greens and the Liberal Party towards the need for action against climate change:
- A staff member of Charles Casuscelli office got back saying they couldn’t make it to the talk – so at least they had read the letter.
- Linda Burney’s office thanked us for congratulating her with her re-election – they seem to have not read past the first paragraph.
- And we’re still waiting for a reply from Jamie Parker.